Ace Booking is the custom open-source software we developed to support us operating in a COVID safe way. This software supports:
- Occupancy limits in each room
- Members booking the time they need
- Occupancy Tracking in case of exposures
- Remote staffing
We couldn’t ethically consider re-opening without it.
There are many upgrades and changes to how the software looks and works.
- You can now book in 15 min. increments! You no longer have to book by the hour
- The user interface is very different, now choose your start and end time and the system can tell you about availability
- The user interface now has a calendar view. If your desired booking isn’t available you can check and see the next closest availability.
- The late check-in window changed to accommodate the new 15 min. windows.
- You can check-in 5 min. before your booking (if space is available)
- You are considered late at the 5 min. after your booking mark and will start to get notifications.
- You are considered as ghosting at the 15 min. mark after your booking, if you haven’t checked in, and your reservation will be canceled and the space made available for others. (you can always do a new reservation.
- You will get a notification via email and slack reminding you to check out starting 5 min. before your expected check out times.
- New remote staffing controls include
- The ability to book spaces for maintenance without having to make personal bookings.
- The ability to cancel user reservations for maintenance blocks
- The ability to remote checkout people who didn’t check out
- The ability to make bookings for members on maintenance crews
- Reports on use trends
What to do if things break for users
While the team did our best to anticipate how folks could use or break this software there may still be a glitch or two. And we know our members are some darn creative users. If our members have trouble or the system doesn’t’ behave as anticipated they report the issue on slack and include photos if at all possible. Report on #general or #amt-software