Ace Makerspace works because all members contribute regularly.
Support the Rebuilding Effort
Members made a difference!
We met our year-end membership goals and 50% of our fundraising goals!
These achievements are key to keeping Ace around, sustainable, and doing great things in the community.
Look for next quarter’s goals soon!
Spring 2022 Goal:
25 New Members
Support Ace by Volunteering
Help us get 20 more members before the end of June!
Outreach events are one of the best ways to get new members… There’s nothing like makers talking to makers!
Workshops are more fun to give and go to with helpers! Great workshops get members. Workshop helpers often get 1:1 lessons during the prep day in tool use and more! So it is a win all around. Check out all the opportunities.
Support Ace by Donating Today
Support Ace by Increasing Your Membership Level
If you can afford more even for just a few months please consider increasing your membership level. Ace members have total control and you can switch back whenever it feels right.
Contributions by type (as of 3/1/22)
- Sign up to spend 2 hours with the Monthly Air Quality maintenance on Slack in #Workshop
- Refill the hand sanitizers and cleaning sprays
- Volunteer to be a class helper (TA) and help create great safe experiences inquire on #general or sign up here
These contributions have been curated for new members or old members looking for a refresher. The idea is that they are the easiest and most approachable tasks for folks still learning their way around.
Post a review to google! Getting and keeping a great google ranking is an excellent way to help people find us!
@ace_makerspace on Instagram! It is especially rad when you post your projects and tag us!
@acemakerspace on linked in. Follow the page!
@acemakerspace on twitter
@acemakerspace on Facebook or #AceMakerspace
- Sign up to support or staff Ace Makerspace for Oakland First Friday
- Sign up to help with a workshop! Also a great way to get 1:1 lessons
Leadership Contributions (as of 1/12/22)
Do you have a few hours a week you can regularly commit to a leadership role? AMT needs you. We have opportunites ranging from 2 to 6 hours a week.
- Board of Directors Openings – 3-5 hours per week (external link)
- Membership Coordinators – 3 hours per week
- Marketing Officer – 3-4 hours per week
- Vice President / Operations Director – 2 hours per week + 2 meetings a month
- Volunteer Coordinator – 2 hours per week + 1 meeting a month
- Library Program Coodinator – 8 hours per month (external link)
- Secretary – 12-20 hours per month
Lead a project! You might have the skills to do the whole thing yourself or the skills to rally a team or oversee a contractor. One way or another you the skills complete a project!
- Join the Booth Art Team and create a light installation for the Ace Events booth. #booth-bling
- Join the fabrication team and make signage and more for the space #general
Taking on leadership doesn’t have to mean signing away the next year of your life. AMT needs team leaders to move projects forward and hold the “vision” for the program team. Step up to lead one of these teams for 30, 60 or 90 days.
- Join the Shop Stewarship Team #workshop
- Electronics Stewardship Team #electronics
- Laser Stewardship Team #laser
- AMT IT Team
… new teams forming!
This page is under development. If you have ideas on how to improve this tool please contact the committee for Volunteerism, Engagement, and Accountability on Slack with the call sign: @volunteerism-accountability