Join the Ace Makerspace Team!
Operations and Member Services Associate
Help us wrangle the on-site logistics for a non-profit makerspace! Daily work includes receiving packages, stocking supplies, and delicious snacks, and helping to manage correspondence. You will also assist new members to find their way, give tours to prospective members, and be a representative of Ace Makerspace. Our makerspace is a non-profit with 100+ creative makers, interesting tools, and shared workspaces.
Guest and Member Services_
- Give tours (COVID SAFE) to prospective new members
- Help new members become oriented
- Assist members with finding tools and engaging with space care
- Communicate inventory needs to the officers and stewards
- Straighten and clean front desk at the end of the day; bending and reaching to pick up exhibit items; replacing printer toner and/or drum; etc.)
- Sort postal mail, including packages
- Receive and process deliveries
- Other duties as needed
- Minimum 1-years of experience in membership or customer relations, preferably in a museum, retail or attractions environment
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and clearly navigate stairs and shops
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google Docs
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, WordPress and other data entry systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Takes initiative, good judgment, and diplomatic problem-solving skills
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize tasks assigned
- Bilingual or Multilingual encouraged
Compensation and Benefits:
- Part-time, non-exempt, 2, 4-hour shifts per week (possibly more once society opens up)
- Compensation: $20/hr
- Health insurance benefits not included at this time due to the small size of the organization
- Perks include: Ace Makerspace membership
Please email your resume, with a cover letter detailing what makes you a great candidate for this job to this listing to [email protected]
A resume, references, and cover letter are required to be considered for this job. Please, no phone calls. Please email any questions.
Ace Makerspace seeks to build a diverse work team and encourages applications from candidates who will add to that diversity. Ace Makerspace is committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better meet our mission. Ace Makerspace considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.