Makerspaces by their nature are gathering places for people. We take that responsibility seriously.
In response to the recent global pandemic COVID-19 (commonly known as “Coronavirus”), Ace Monster Toys, Inc. (AMT) has adopted a policy to assess the current safety of operating a meeting facility in Alameda County. As the public health threat increases, AMT will balance the needs of our facility’s users against a desire to avoid compounding a potential public health emergency.
AMT will assess the level of public health emergency per to the Alameda County Department of Public Health’s published guidance, e.g. for COVID-19 at their COVID-19 homepage.
Here are the current levels of public health emergency and the actions that AMT will take at each level:
Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions
Threshold: More than 1 instance in Alameda County
- Policy reviewed and posted to #general
- Officers designated point of contact for outbreak (and an alternate)
- Rachel S. (@Crafty), @officers
Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution
Threshold: More than 10 instances in Alameda County OR a significant number in the greater Bay Area
- People who are coughing/sniffling/feverish are politely asked to leave.
- Signage about germ transmission placed at the entrance and in all rooms.
Level 3: Restricted Access
Threshold: More than 100 instances in Alameda County OR a dramatic increase of cases in a short time in the greater Bay Area
- Public events and classes are canceled and suspended
- Only members (and their supervised guests) are allowed in the space.
Level 4: Closed
Threshold: Health departments formally recommend citizens avoid congregating
- AMT is closed.
- Point of contact (or designated person) will lock AMT doors with manual keys and store keys offsite until all clear.