Learn to sew while Making Masks Virtual Prep Class
During this 1-hour virtual class you will learn:
- A sewing machine overview
- How sewing machines work
- Common sewing tools and what they are for
- What goes into to making a mask
Demonstrations will include:
- Straight stitching
- Changing the needle
- Seam ripping
- Troubles shooting
There will be the time in this workshop to ask questions!
Learn to sew mask-making workshop
This event at Ace Makerspace is a combination of Class and Mask Making party. You will learn or improve your sewing skills guided by experienced instructors. Folks will work in rotation at stations giving everyone a chance to work on all aspects of mask-making. Lessons will be projected as the come up in real working situations.
- COVID-19 Safety
- Are you brand new to sewing? Take the Virtual Prep class.
- Experienced sewists looking to gain practice or just help make masks can skip the prep class that goes over the basics.
What you will learn
- Sewing basics
- Machine control
- Chain stitching
- Basic machine upkeep for volume stewing
- Volume Sewing
- Factory methods
- Mask assembly
- Reading assembly markings
Tools we will use
- Sewing machines
More about COVID Safety
In Order to stay COVID safety, we do much of the teaching using a “jumbotron” to project lessons on the wall. We also ask that all students take the COVID-19 safety course and masks are required.