Maker in Residence receive:
- Ace Makerspace Membership – 1 year
- Certification Class Scholarships
- Materials stipend ($200 – $500)
- Possible transportation/tech resources (ride-share Grants, Metro service, Chromebook, etc. Would be recipients to keep)
- Peer support and maker mentorship
- Use the space and resources to execute your concept
- Create 1 piece that lives in the space permanently
Participants will be announced on January 5th, 2020!
This residency is open to indigenous makers residing in the Bay Area* including:
- Established Makers / Artists / Craftspeople – including established small biz folks
- Youth Artists and Makers (18+)
- Emerging Artist and Makers
We have an open and creative application process for the 2020-2021 Indigenous Makers Residency. Your application can take many forms and should express:
- What you will make during your one-year residency and how you will use Ace Makerspace to execute your concept
- What type of piece you envision making for the space
- Any additional funding or resources you may need outside the residency
Applications can be traditional or non-traditional including:
- An essay of intention (with sketches if applicable) with links to your portfolio
- An appointment with an ace panel to do a live presentation of your concept
- A video submission
- Or any combination of the three above
If you would find coaching helpful for preparing your application we can provide Zoom office hours with an Ace Maker.
*Relocation funds are not available at this time.
Who is an indigenous maker?
We are not here to vet people’s ethnic or racial identities. We expect applicants to be indigenous people and makers or future makers. Folks should be able to express what that identity means to them, how it informs their work, and connection to their indigenous communities.
Whatever form that takes in the application process is good for us.
If you are not an indigenous person don’t apply for this residency. Please see the other options for membership.